Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Skating

Here's what we were up to today.

We took the kids skating. This was only the second time my son has been on his skates. We took him once last year, but at that time I was about 5 months pregnant and he declared that it was "too slippery" after the first 5 minutes on the ice. We were going to enrol him in skating lessons this year, but they require them to be fully potty trained and at the time of registration he wasn't, so I guess we'll have to wait until next year.

We had meant to bring his skating helmet with us, but forgot it. I figured that we had grown up and learned to skate without helmets and survived to tell about it, so it should be fine! Ha!

Little guy had lots of spills, but he never cried. He had so much fun chasing after the hockey pucks that were randomly around the rink from prior hockey practices. At one point another older girl from in town was on the ice and was practicing her figure skating moves. I was pointing out to little guy the fancy moves she was doing. He replied "I have fancy moves, too, they're like...hiya!" Not sure what karate looks like on ice, and he (surprisingly) didn't show me either.


I have a feeling I'm reaaallyy going to feel today's fun tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's been well over a decade since I was last on skates


Little missy rode in the sled the entire time. I think she enjoyed it, but we were laughing about the fact that her expression didn't change the ENTIRE time we were on the ice.

Hubby doesn't skate, so all the pictures of courtesy of him :)

1 comment: